Technology is constantly changing and forcing companies to innovate. However, overcoming technical challenges at various stages of your business can be costly and time-consuming. Utilizing the R&D Tax Credit provides a valuable economic incentive to pursue innovation. Tim Rankins, Senior Tax Manager at EisnerAmper, can tell you how.
Qualified Small Business Stock stimulates investment in certain SMEs by allowing the exclusion or deferral of gains from the disposition of QSBS. Seth Moskowitz, Senior Tax Manager at EisnerAmper, will explain how by discussing original issue requirements, holding periods, and exclusions to better navigate QSBS.
This combined session will cover:
- Structure of the R&D Tax Credit, its application to payroll taxes, and the simplified or regular method for filing.
- Review of eligible costs, qualified services and excluded activities under R&D Tax Credit
- Defining a qualified business and QSBS requirements
- Review of Section 1045 roll-over and QSBS transaction examples
- Click here to view the webcast deck
- Get help with an R&D Tax Credit assessment.
EisnerAmper uses a customizable approach to assess your available tax credit for qualified R&D expenses.
- Check out this Bloomberg Law article about how entrepreneurs, venture capital firms, and early startup employees are using the Qualified Small Business Stock provision to partially or totally wipe out their tax bills.
Eileen Covey, Director, Finance & Operations
Tim Rankins, Senior Tax Manager
Seth Moskowitz, Senior Tax Manager